Note: Visit the CARE VAULT to get Actual Email Subject Lines
Headline Formula Examples To Get Your Ideas Flowing
Instant Clarity headline Formula: End Result Customer Wants + Specific Period Of Time + Address The Objections
The copywriting trainers at American Writers & Artists teach The Four U’s approach to writing headlines:
Headlines, subheads and bullets should:
- Be USEFUL to the reader,
- Provide him with a sense of URGENCY,
- Convey the idea that the main benefit is somehow UNIQUE; and
- Do all of the above in an ULTRA-SPECIFIC way.
Ask yourself six questions before you start to write your headline:
- Does your headline offer the reader a reward for reading?
- What specifics could you add to make your headline more intriguing and believable?
- Does your headline trigger a strong, actionable emotion the reader already has about the subject at hand?
- Does your headline present a proposition that will instantly get your prospect nodding his or her head?
- Could your headline benefit from the inclusion of a proposed transaction?
- Could you add an element of intrigue to drive the prospect into your opening copy?
Makepeace’s six questions combined with the basic structure of The Four U’s provide an excellent framework for writing spectacular headlines. And you’ll note that just about any headline that satisfies the framework will fall into one of the eight categories
(Side note: If you would like to see attention grabbing headlines have a look at https://drudgereport.com)